- Tomato stock – from roasting tomatoes and garden herbs for passata
- Chicken stock – from roasting chickens
- Leek thinnings – from transplanting leeks
- and a couple of big leeks
- Sticks of celery – found in fridge
- Carrots – ditto
- Spinach – leftover from Ottolenghi chickpea and butternut squash dish
- A handful of Cooked chickpeas – ditto
- End of parmesan, grated
Sweat leeks, carrots and celery in a little good olive oil and butter, add stocks, throw in the chickpeas and spinach and sprinkle with parmesan.
Toast from strange sourdough that started out as being for pizza, (made with some of the tomato stock as above) but owing to major mistaken identity moment turned into this:-
Surprisingly baked up to make this:-
Don’t you just love it when the dough forgives you?