Why does my dog wriggle on his back and kick his legs in the air?
– He is trying to repel invisible aliens. It’s worked so far.
Why does my cake sink in the middle from time to time?
– It probably felt a bit low as no one had replied to its Tweets.
Why have my leeks all gone to flower?
Flower power vegetable protest at appalling working conditions is the obvious answer to this one. They’ve probably watched too many old documentaries about Woodstock. If you’re going to San Fran – cis – co…..
Why is Torchwood so gruesome this series?
– I think you will have to talk to the writers about that one.
Why aren’t you doing a proper post for the letter Q? I thought you were going to write about the English love of Queuing as described so eloquently by George Mikes in ‘How to be An Alien’.
– You’ll just have to get in line. We are all Americans now.
Why does the letter Q always have to have a U after it? It makes it so hard to play Scrabble sometimes?
– Because you can’t say the words Quoit, Queen, Quixotic and Quebec without it, next question!
I don’t believe you, you are making that up aren’t you?
– Absolutely not.
What is Quiddanny?
– Apparently a jelly made from the sweetened juice of Quinces. You might need it for Scrabble one day.
Does it always rain in August in England?
– Of course.
The Quintessentially Querellous yet Quizzical Quinquagenarian is signing off for today having Querled her Quiff to resemble a Querquedule and will see you tomorrow leaving you with a photo Quiz.
What was I trying to make here?
And what were the main ingredients in these?
and finally (one for Bristolians really) Where is this structure and why was it built?
I will think of exciting prizes for the most ingenious answers using at least one Q by the time I get to the end of the alphabet! Pressure’s on…